Saturday, June 25, 2011

Slashing the cost of talking

I've taken a very huge step to cutting the amount of money we need to spend every month. I switched from Verizon to Cricket. I had to break my contract to do so and pay the fees, but in the long run it will be much cheaper than it would have been to stay. I will miss my Droid and the faster internet but what I will miss most of all is my number. The number was my first cellphone number that I got nine years ago. It was like a rite of passage, and I felt like an adult! I went and got a Cellular One contract my second year of college and I payed only forty something a month. Then Alltel bought them out and I added my husband to it and the costs went up. Then Verizon bought out Alltel and it got more expensive. Then the smartphones! Geez talk about expensive! We still have smartphones. We just pay a lot less to use them. I wish we were ready to just give up the cellphones all together, but not quite that frugal yet. We have no contract with Cricket so who knows, maybe we will do it someday. I am not sure of the exact amount saved, but I know that it is over $120.00 USD. Thats a lot of money that can go towards something else or into savings! Feeling really good about this first step. It was really hard for us to do emotionally. I'm hope I can keep the momentum up.

No comments:

Post a Comment